Minimum Qualifications - Education/Training/Experience:
1. This position requires an individual who feels a calling from God to music ministry.
2. A minimum of a high school education or equivalent is required. The successful completion of a college degree or working towards completion is preferred.
3. Must have a knowledge of music theory and performance.
4. Organizational skills are needed for identifying the spiritual needs of our congregation and implementing them into a comprehensive music program. The Director of Music Ministries is also responsible for involving and coordinating adult volunteers and church staff as needed in the implementation of the total music ministry.
1. The Director of Music Ministries shall be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and the SPRC who collaborates with the Senior Pastor
2. The Director of Music Ministries shall be a team player and will work in cooperation with other staff and ministry leaders within the Church.
3. The Director of Music Ministries shall receive both an annual quarterly reviews by the Senior Pastor who will consult with the SPRC.
• Able to move freely and to interact with persons of all ages in church, home, business, and mission field settings.
• Able to speak and sing in a public forum.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Work in consultation with the Senior Pastor to develop quality music for both worship services.
2. Plan and fulfill all scheduled worship services including Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
3. Lead congregational worship and encourage congregational participation in worship.
4. Responsible for recruiting, cultivating, training and leading vocalists and instrumentalists for our weekly and other special worship services.
5. Responsible for finding a replacement when taking approved time off.
6. Select music, schedule rehearsals, and direct both the chancel choir and praise team.
7. Lead the praise team and choir during weekly rehearsals and brief rehearsals on Sunday morning prior to worship.
8. Responsible to work with the Senior Pastor in carrying out the mission of the church.
9. Have direct oversight for the following key areas of music ministry including: chancel choir, praise team, special music, and children's music.
10. Work with the Senior Pastor and Children's Director to provide music opportunities for children in Sunday school, worship, and Vacation Bible School.
11. Introduce new contemporary worship music to the congregation while at the same time both affirming and cultivating an area of historic hymnody.
12. Work with the Media/AVL team to prepare music lyrics for projection use in worship services and monitor sound quality and make adjustments as necessary.
13. Participate fully as a member of the Ministry Staff.
14. Responsible for developing a budget for the entirety of the music ministry.
15. Provide the Administrative Secretary with bulletin information by noon on Wednesdays.
16. Communicate music ministry information to the church body through, OnRealm app, newsletter, bulletin announcements, and meeting with the Administrative Council.
17. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Integrity and Trust
• Interpersonal Skills
• Time Management
• Personal Resilience
• Decision Making and Problem Solving
• Creativity and Innovation
• Project Management
• Mission Ownership